Please join us for First Unity Church’s December 5, 2021 Sunday Service at 10:30 a.m. This week’s message is from Rev. Jan Mourning and is entitled “Joseph to the Rescue.”
You can livestream the service through the following direct link: https://youtu.be/lLFlWRTCQD0
On Sunday afternoon, the link above will take you to the recording of the service. You can also watch the service from one of the links below:
Blessings, Love and Light to All!
Order of Service — December 5, 2021
- Welcome through Music — All Are Welcome by Hans Peterson and Larry Olson — Performed by Carolbeth True and Glen Smith
- Hope Dodson, Prayer Chaplain — Lighting of the Advent Candle
- Congregational Hymn — It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
- Message — “Joseph to the Rescue” — Rev. Jan Mourning
- There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe and at work in my life, God the Good, omnipotent.
- When I Pray- by Daniel Nahmod — Sung by Chuck Seger
- Meditation – Rev. Jan Mourning
- Worship through Music — Because He Lives by Bill Gaither — Performed by Performed by Carolbeth True, Glen Smith, and Steve Schenkel
- Blessing of Offering
- Congregational Hymn — Let There Be Peace on Earth
- Closing — Prayer for Protection
- Musical Ending — God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, English Translation — Performed by Performed by Carolbeth True and Glen Smith
Glen Smith and Carolbeth True Are Our Featured Musicians for Sunday, December 5, 2021
Glen Smith, bass guitar
Glen Smith is one of the finest bass guitarists in the Midwest. He regularly plays with Carolbeth True. For many years, he has been first-call electric bassist for the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra.
Carolbeth True, piano
Carolbeth True is perhaps the most significant St. Louis jazz pianist of the past 30 years. Ms. True was cited by the Arts and Education Council for “Excellence In The Arts.” She is adjunct music faculty at Webster University and also has an extensive private piano studio. Carolbeth performs with Two Times True with her son Dave on drums; the Carolbeth Trio; the Oikos Ensemble; Wind of the Spirit Praise Band, and is an original cast member of “The Jazz Story”, the first educational program presented by The Sheldon. She has been the pianist with Variety Children’s Theatre for nine years, and the All-State Vocal Jazz Ensemble for seven years.
Steve Schenkel, guitar
Steve Schenkel is the guitarist and orchestra manager for the Fox Theater, guitarist for the Muny Opera and the St. Louis Symphony, and a freelance jazz musician. He recently retired after 37 years at Webster University, where he founded the Jazz Studies program, the Webster Jazz Concert Series, and the Jazz Studies/Music Technology program.
Divine Love, flowing through me, blesses and multiplies all I am, all I have, all I give, and all I receive.
We are a self-sustaining ministry, with most of our revenue coming from direct contributions. Your support is what allows us to keep providing powerful spiritual services to all who seek them.
If you would like to make a contribution to support First Unity Church, you may do so online by using First Unity Church’s secure PayPal account or any major credit card.
If you would prefer to mail your love offering to First Unity Church, our address is:
First Unity Church
4753 Butler Hill Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63128