You can livestream the service through the following direct link: https://youtu.be/XcmP5IFkjx4
On Sunday afternoon, the link above will take you to the recording of the service. You can also watch the service from one of the links below:
Blessings, Love and Light to All!
Order of Service — January 23, 2022
- Welcome through Music — Passacaglia in C Minor by J. S. Bach — Arranged and performed by Kim Portnoy and Steve Schenkel
- Welcome and Announcements
- Daily Word — Hope Dodson, Prayer Chaplain
- Message — “Created To Be Creative” — Anne Hartupee, Licensed Unity Teacher
- There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe and at work in my life, God the Good, omnipotent.
- Meditation — Anne Hartupee, Licensed Unity Teacher
- Worship through Music — Prelude in E Minor by Frederic Chopin — Arranged and performed by Kim Portnoy and Steve Schenkel
- Blessing of the Offering
- Closing — Prayer for Protection
- Musical Ending — Air on the G String by J. S. Bach — Arranged and performed by Kim Portnoy and Steve Schenkel
Kim Portnoy Is Our Featured Musician on Sunday, January 23, 2022
Kim Portnoy — Piano — with Steve Schenkel, Guitar
Pianist and Webster University faculty member Kim Portnoy is recognized as a versatile composer in the classical and jazz idioms. His compositions have been featured nationally and internationally at the Eastman Summer Trombone Institute in Rochester, New York; the Choral Music Experience Institute in Arvika, Sweden; the Guitar Foundation of America Conference at Oberlin Conservatory of Music in Ohio and two International Association of Jazz Educator’s conferences: New Orleans and Atlanta.
Steve Schenkel is the guitarist and orchestra manager for the Fox Theater, guitarist for the Muny Opera and the St. Louis Symphony, and a freelance jazz musician. He recently retired after 37 years at Webster University, where he founded the Jazz Studies program, the Webster Jazz Concert Series, and the Jazz Studies/Music Technology program. Steve serves as the Music Director of First Unity Church of St. Louis.
Divine Love, flowing through me, blesses and multiplies all I am, all I have, all I give, and all I receive.
We are a self-sustaining ministry, with most of our revenue coming from direct contributions. Your support is what allows us to keep providing powerful spiritual services to all who seek them.
If you would like to make a contribution to support First Unity Church, you may do so online by using First Unity Church’s secure PayPal account or any major credit card.
If you would prefer to mail your love offering to First Unity Church, our address is:
First Unity Church
4753 Butler Hill Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63128