Please join us for First Unity Church’s March 13, 2022, in-person Sunday Service at 10:30 a.m. This week’s message is from Rev. Jan Mourning, and is entitled “To a Higher Place”.
You can livestream the service through the following direct link:
On Sunday afternoon, the link above will take you to the recording of the service. You can also watch the service from one of the links below:
- Our website’s Livestream link
- Our Facebook page
- Our YouTube channel
Blessings, Love and Light to All!
Order of Service — March 13, 2022
- Welcome through Music — S’Wonderful by George and Ira Gershwin — Scott Alberici, clarinet, and Steve Schenkel, guitar
- Welcome and Announcements
- Daily Word — Lynn Mark, Prayer Chaplain
- Congregational Hymn — I Live in the Kingdom of Light — Led by Chuck Seger
- Message — To a Higher Place — Rev. Jan Mourning
- Affirmation: There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe and at work in my life, God the Good, omnipotent.
- When I Pray — Sung by Chuck Seger
- Meditation and Ending Prayer — Rev. Jan Mourning
- Worship through Music — Danny Boy, traditional Irish melody — Scott Alberici, clarinet, with Steve Schenkel, guitar
- Blessing of the Offering
- Congregational Hymn — I Am the Radiant Life of God — Led by Chuck Seger
- Closing — Prayer for Protection
- Musical Ending — It Might As Well Be Spring — Scott Alberici, clarinet, with Steve Schenkel, guitar
Scott Alberici and Steve Schenkel Are Our Featured Musicians on March 13, 2022
Scott Alberici is one of America’s finest clarinet virtuosos. Known for his superbly rich and warm tone, lyrical phrasing, and command of the American songbook, Mr. Alberici has developed a personal style that is instantly recognizable. His rare ability to capture the moment with subtlety of expression mixed with brilliant and melodic improvisations will keep the listener on the edge of their seat from the drop of the downbeat to the end of the performance.
Steve Schenkel is the guitarist and orchestra manager for the Fox Theater, guitarist for the Muny Opera and the St. Louis Symphony, and a freelance jazz musician. He recently retired after 37 years at Webster University, where he founded the Jazz Studies program, the Webster Jazz Concert Series, and the Jazz Studies/Music Technology program. Steve now serves as the Music Director for First Unity Church of St. Louis.
Divine Love, flowing through me, blesses and multiplies all I am, all I have, all I give, and all I receive.
We are a self-sustaining ministry, with most of our revenue coming from direct contributions. Your support is what allows us to keep providing powerful spiritual services to all who seek them.
If you would like to make a contribution to support First Unity Church, you may do so online by using First Unity Church’s secure PayPal account or any major credit card.
If you would prefer to mail your love offering to First Unity Church, our address is:
First Unity Church
4753 Butler Hill Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63128