The recording of First Unity Church’s August 8, 2021 Sunday Service is now available. This week’s message is from Rev. Jan Mourning and is entitled “It’s Up to You.”
You can watch the service through the following link:
Or through the three links below.
- Our website’s Livestream link
- Our Facebook page
- Our YouTube channel
Blessings, Love and Light to All
Order of Service — August 8, 2021
- Welcome Through Music — Canon in D — Johann Pachelbel, arranged by Ted Hunter and Lynne Latham — Marcia Erwin, cello with Cathy Benton, piano
- Daily Word — Hope Dodson, Prayer Chaplain
- Congregational Hymn — Work Wonders from Within
- Message — “It’s Up to You” – Rev. Jan Mourning
- There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe and at work in my life, God the Good, omnipotent.
- In the Silence — Anne Hartupee
- Meditation – Rev. Jan Mourning
- Worship Through Music — The Swan, Camille Saint Saens — Marcia Erwin, cello with Cathy Benton, piano
- Blessing of Offering
- Congregational Hymn — “I See Abundance Everywhere”
- Prayer for Protection
- Musical Ending — Prelude No. 1 for Unaccompanied Cello — Johann Sebastian Bach — Marcia Erwin, cello
Marcia Erwin and Cathy Benton Are Our Featured Musicians for Sunday, August 8, 2021
Marcia Erwin — Cello — with Cathy Benton — Piano
Marcia Erwin — Cello
Marcia Erwin is principal cellist at the Fox Theater. She regularly plays for the Bach Society of St. Louis, St. Louis Winter Opera, and Union Avenue Opera. She attended Interlochen Arts Academy where she was principal cellist her senior year. While there she studied with Denis Brott of the Orford String Quartet. Ms. Erwin moved to St Louis to study with Yuan Tung on full scholarship at the St Louis Conservatory of Music. At the Conservatory she participated in master classes with Yo-Yo Ma and Leslie Parnas, and received extensive string quartet coaching by Michael Tree of the Guarneri Quartet.
Ms. Erwin is formerly assistant principal of the Springfield Symphony Orchestra (Illinois Symphony Orchestra) and formerly principal cellist of the Webster University Symphony Orchestra. Ms. Erwin was the cellist of the Laclede Quartet for 19 years. She is currently a member of Opus38 Quartet, and the chamber groups Synergies and Trio Angelique. She also often performs with the St. Louis Municipal Opera, Winter Opera, the Repertory Theater of St. Louis, The Peabody Opera House Orchestra, and with area chamber music/choral groups such as The Masterworks Chorale.
Dr. Cathy Benton — Piano
Music at First Unity — August 2021
Divine Love, through me, blesses and multiplies all I am, all I have, all I give, and all I receive.
We are a self-sustaining ministry, with most of our revenue coming from direct contributions. Your support is what allows us to keep providing powerful spiritual services to all who seek them.
If you would like to make a contribution to support First Unity Church, you may do so online by using First Unity Church’s secure PayPal account or any any major credit card.
If you would prefer to mail your love offering to First Unity Church, our address is:
First Unity Church
4753 Butler Hill Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63128