Please join us for First Unity Church’s October 3, 2021 Sunday Service at 10:30 a.m. This week’s message is from Rev. Jan Mourning and is entitled “Break the Law?”
You can livestream the service through the following direct link:
On Sunday afternoon, the link above will take you to the recording of the service. You can also watch the service from one of the links below:
Blessings, Love and Light to All!
Order of Service — October 3, 2021
- Welcome Through Music — “Smile” — by Charlie Chaplin, John Turner, Geoffrey Parsons — performed by Scott Alberici
- Daily Word — Faith — Betty Ponzar, Prayer Chaplain
- Congregational Hymn — “I Live in the Kingdom of Light”
- Message — Break the Law? — Rev. Jan Mourning
- There is only one Presence and one Power in the universe and at work in my life, God the Good, omnipotent.
- “When I Pray” — by Daniel Nahmod — sung by Julie Goede
- Meditation — Rev. Jan
- Worship Through Music — “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg — performed by Scott Alberici
- Blessing of Offering
- Congregational Hymn — “Let There Be Peace on Earth”
- Closing — Prayer for Protection
- Musical Ending — “Just a Closer Walk With Thee” — performed by Scott Alberici
Scott Alberici and Steve Schenkel Are Our Featured Musicians on Sunday, October 3, 2021
Scott Alberici, jazz clarinet with Steve Schenkel, guitar
Scott Alberici is one of America’s finest clarinet virtuosos. Known for his superbly rich and warm tone, lyrical phrasing, and command of the American songbook, Mr. Alberici has developed a personal style that is instantly recognizable. His rare ability to capture the moment with subtlety of expression mixed with brilliant and melodic improvisations will keep the listener on the edge of their seat from the drop of the downbeat to the end of the performance.
Steve Schenkel is the guitarist and orchestra manager for the Fox Theater, guitarist for the Muny Opera and the St. Louis Symphony, and a freelance jazz musician. He recently retired after 37 years at Webster University, where he founded the Jazz Studies program, the Webster Jazz Concert Series, and the Jazz Studies/Music Technology program. Steve now serves as the Music Director for First Unity Church of St. Louis.
Divine Love, flowing through me, blesses and multiplies all I am, all I have, all I give, and all I receive.
We are a self-sustaining ministry, with most of our revenue coming from direct contributions. Your support is what allows us to keep providing powerful spiritual services to all who seek them.
If you would like to make a contribution to support First Unity Church, you may do so online by using First Unity Church’s secure PayPal account or any major credit card.
If you would prefer to mail your love offering to First Unity Church, our address is:
First Unity Church
4753 Butler Hill Road
St. Louis, Missouri 63128