Hello, everyone. Considering the latest COVID-19 guidelines that there be no gatherings of 10 or more people, we are cancelling Sunday Services, ministry meetings, special events, and all community groups through Sunday, March 29. At that time, we will reevaluate conditions and make the best possible decision for everyone. While we continue to hold the highest spiritual consciousness about this whole situation, our main goal is to ensure the health and well-being of our beloved spiritual community, the greater St. Louis community, our nation, and the world.
Be sure to follow these CDC recommendations regarding hygiene and prevention.
- Physical distancing – Keep six feet between yourself and another person. This means no handshaking, handholding, or hugging.
- Work from home whenever possible. Limit social contacts.
- Stay home if ill or any possibility of having been exposed.
- Handwashing – Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with soap and hot water. (Try saying the Prayer for Protection as you wash.)
- Hand sanitizer – If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face. – Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Sanitize and clean surfaces that are frequently touched. (Door knobs, faucets, desks, light switches, keyboards, phones, keys, etc.)
Now is the time to pray and also to put feet to our prayers, doing everything we can to co-create an end to this pandemic. We know the power of prayer and the power of refusing to fall into fear. In Unity, we realize that our consciousness makes all the difference and one of the greatest gifts we can give one another is to stay positive and pray. We are one in a Power and Presence greater than this situation. The following prayer is adapted from Unity Worldwide Ministries:
We breathe into the understanding that God is a Love that has no end and a Power that knows no bounds. The healing energy of Divine Love is restoring, healing, and revitalizing our world in this now moment. We release any fears or worries, and we affirm that we are safe, healthy, and protected. We bless all those who support us in maintaining vibrant radiant health. We express Divine Life in all we think, say, and do. We bless our community and our global family with radiant wholeness, peace of mind, and abundant love. And so it is!
During this time, we want to continue to provide spiritual support to everyone. We will post abbreviated Sunday Service videos on our Facebook page and at unitystl.org. Look for these each Sunday morning that we are closed. If you need individual prayer support, complete the Prayer Request form on our website, call the church office, or contact me at 314-520-3440. Let’s make this a time to more deeply feel our oneness and to strengthen our relationships with one another. Reach out by telephone to those who might need a human conversation.
And because our expenses such as property payment, insurance, and utilities do not cease, we appreciate and lovingly accept your donations and love offerings during this period. You can donate on our website via PayPal or major credit card, and checks can be mailed to First Unity. Coming very soon will also be an opportunity to donate through automatic withdrawals.
Let’s all joyfully visualize the time we will once more come together in person as a vibrant, inclusive spiritual community. In the meantime, let’s use this time for prayer, meditation, and reflection and as an opportunity to be all we can imagine God to be including love, peace, strength and wisdom. Together and through the power of the indwelling Christ, we will prevail.
Love & prayers,
REV. JAN MOURNING, MINISTER
FIRST UNITY CHURCH OF ST. LOUIS
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” – Dalai Lama